Thursday, June 26, 2008

On Tonights Menu

I love it when I have a bunch of stuff sitting in my fridge that has to be used in the next day or so. It lends itself to creativity. So tonight it is Ham Fried Rice. I am pulling out all the veggies that are on their way out, the leftover ham slices from sandwiches the other day, and cold rice from Tuesday.

Scramble two or three eggs in a bit of oil and remove from the pan. In a bit of oil saute minced garlic and green onions. Add your veggies and stir fry until a bit tender. Add cold rice (leftover rice works best, fresh doesn't stick as well for some reason). Season with a bit of ginger and soy sauce and sesame oil. I add a bit of teriyaki sauce as well. Add your ham, or chicken or pork or whatever. Fry over medium high heat until desired doneness (is that a word). Add eggs and enjoy.

No comments: